Running Zone Foundation and Space Coast Runners are the hosts of the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon. Below is a little information about both of these organizations:
Running Zone Foundation – Organizers of the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon since 2007, adopted the “space” theme!
- Running Zone Foundation has deep local roots: The founders of Running Zone, Don and Denise Piercy, organized hundreds of running and walking events in Brevard County since 2003 and have donated proceeds from these events to various nonprofit organizations
- In September 2008, Don and Denise established Running Zone Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, to formalize their commitment to promote health and fitness programs in our community.
- The Foundation’s charter is to promote and encourage health and fitness in our community through running, jogging, walking and related educational programs and publications.
- Running Zone Foundation hosts two race series (Run Brevard and Run Vero) a Corporate 5K, Vero Beach Half Marathon & Sea Turtle 2 Miler, Shamrock Shuffle 3K, Running Wild Trail 5K and Space Coast Turkey Trot 5K all benefiting local charities, foundations, and organizations.
Space Coast Runners – Founders of the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon.
- Space Coast Runners (SCR) is a nonprofit organization incorporated under the laws of the state of Florida whose purpose is to promote fitness, through running and walking at the community level.
- SCR is a chapter of the Road Runners Club of America.
- Space Coast Runners has a local race series made up of SCR owned events and also other local events chosen by the board every year to be included in the series. Space Coast Runners’ Series also includes a children’s series